The Miscreant’s Path
This is a very simple folio project
that I finished up today. It was created to house
a letterpress poem + a sheet of suminagashi paper.
This was good practice for me,
since it’s been 30+ years since I did
a project like this.
The title strip is slightly recessed
below the surface. I used tiny magnets
embedded in the front and back boards
for a tidy invisible closure.
Whoever came up with that idea is a genius!!
I only made two of the folios, this one was lined
with book cloth on the interior.
The suminagashi paper is loose and meant
to be unfolded to reveal the pattern.
This one was lined with a coordinating sheet
of suminagashi paper. Only because I slopped glue
on the book cloth and needed a way to cover up the mess!
I actually think I prefer this over the plain one,
so I may go back and reline the